Reduce wrinkles with Fractional laser treatment…
*Greatly reduce visible wrinkles and look as young as you feel
Voted ‘Most Innovative Aesthetic Treatment of 2014’
Produces a more natural, healthy and long term result than anti-ageing creams and oils.
Less downtime than CO2 laser and injectable options
Have complete peace of mind. Treatments are conducted by our highly trained Doctors and Nurses.
Our award winning Fractional Laser is able to dramatically reduce fine lines and wrinkles. Commonly treated areas include around the eyes, forehead, mouth, neck and any other area around the body.
The best results of this treatment are seen when a full face treatment is performed.
Why do we develop wrinkles and fine lines?
Wrinkles are a natural part of the aging process. As we age, our skin becomes thinner and much less elastic. Also, our skin becomes les effective when protecting itself against environmental damage. All of these factors causes wrinkles, creases and lines on the skin.
Factors that speed up the visibility of fine lines and wrinkles
- Exposure to sunlight has a significant role to play. As we age our skins ability to protect itself from UV rays decreases and so it becomes increasingly important to make sure we protect our skin using sunblock.
- Smoking is another common cause of wrinkles. Smoking causes the supply of Oxygen to the skin to be reduced and so more wrinkles form.
- The lighter the skin, the more chances of sun damage. As a result, lighter skinned people are more likely to form wrinkles before darker skinned people.
How does Fractional laser treatment for wrinkles work?
Fractional laser treatment is one of the newest and most popular technologies for improving aged skin. Similar to other skin resurfacing and rejuvenating lasers, the Fractional laser delivers light (heat) through the top layer of the skin (epidermis) and into the underlying layer of the skin (the dermis) and allows to target varying depths of the skin depending on the patient’s needs.
Unlike other lasers, the heat is delivered fractionally. In Lehman’s terms, this essentially means that the laser light is split into fractions or splits. The laser light is divided into thousands of microscopic “columns” of heat. Skin cells that fall within these “columns” are destroyed, however the surrounding tissue remains intact. This allows the skin to heal naturally and quickly.
As the hand piece moves across the area to be treated, the lasers light creates microscopic holes in the skin. The holes are progressively filled in with new healthy skin (collagen) from the surrounding tissue.
As a result, as the collagen in your skin redevelops, it ‘plumps up’ wrinkles and fine lines causing their visible appearance to be dramatically reduced. It also increases the production of collagen and elastin which promotes younger and tighter looking skin.
What results can you expect?
Clients usually see improvements after just 1 or 2 treatments with their wrinkles and fine lines being dramatically reduced.
Additionally, most clients see an improvement to their skin tone and texture, giving an overall younger feel and smoother complexion to the skin; something that other wrinkle treatments, such as Botox is unable to achieve.
There is a bit more downtime with Fractional laser treatment when compared to other non-ablative technologies (It may take a day or two for the redness and swelling to go down). However, with fractional laser treatment, there is very little risk of scaring and the benefits in terms of reducing wrinkles and fine lines provide better results for clients.
The very best for our patients…
We pride ourselves on being able to provide the very best and most effective treatments for our patients. You can read more about our industry leading
In fact, the fractional laser treatment was voted ‘Most Innovative Aesthetic Treatment of 2014’ due to the excellent results produced after treatment.
With the Fylde Clinic, you can have total peace of mind that you are in the hands of professional and highly qualified Doctors and Nurses.
Before & After treatment shots
Here are some before and after pictures after fractional laser treatment.
Most people are suitable for fractional laser treatment. The treatment is recommended for Individuals who are looking to improve skin texture, tone/elasticity, reduce wrinkles or improve the visible appearance of stretch marks or acne scaring.
After fractional laser treatment for wrinkles and fine lines, you will have redness and swelling for approximately a day. It may feel as though you have sunburn, this will fade a few hours after the treatment. It is common for the skin to appear flaky and bonzed on day 2 to 3. This is a positive sign and indicates that the skin is regenerating. Avoid peeling off any flaky skin and just leave it to flake off naturally.
Three to four weeks
Every client has a different requirement; skin condition, wrinkle depth and personal needs vary from person to person. Usually, a course of 3-6 treatments is common for most clients.
- Skin redness, swelling and bronzing are all
expected outcomes of treatment.
- Other unwanted effects are rare but can
include a small blister or temporary
change to skin pigmentation, such as a
darkening of the skin.
There should be no active tan or fake tan in the area to be treated, Use of sun-beds or prolonged exposure to sunlight is not allowed in the month prior to treatment and a SPF 50 must be used on the area between treatments. Suntans must be left to fade completely before treatment can start. Jake tans and gradual tanning products must also be fully faded before treatment can commence.
Firstly you skin is cleansed and then we use a hand piece, which is moved over the area of skin to be treated. The hand piece then releases tiny microscopic laser beams which begin treating the area.
The length of time in each session depends on skin condition and the area being treated, however, you can typically expect each session to last anywhere between 10 and 45 minutes.
After the treatment, your skin will be cooled.
After your treatment, here are a few things you need to be aware of which will help aid a speedy recovery:
- In order to minimise skin heating and to reduce the likelihood of skin reactions, the treatment area will be cooled after the procedure. Once you get home, you may like to apply a cold compress/wet ﬂannel etc. In applying an ice pack at home, always put ice inside a clean plastic bag and wrap in a soft cloth. Do not allow ice packs or ice to come into direct contact with the skin.
- While redness remains on the skin after treatment, do not indulge in heavy drinking, going to a sauna or heavy exercise. These activities may increase the redness of your skin.
- The skin will also feel quite tight following treatment and using vaseline, aloe vera gel or a gentle moisturiser for a day or two following treatment can help to relieve this.
- Starting on day 2-3 the skin will appear ﬂaky and have a bronzed appearance as the epidermal debris comes to the surface; this generally lasts about 5 days. This is a positive sign and indicates that the skin is regenerating. Do not try to peel off the epidermal debris by force; just leave it to ﬂake off naturally. Keeping the skin well moisturised at this point will help reduce the tightness.
- Avoid cosmetics for approximately 48 hours after treatment. However, we advise caution if the area is feeling sensitive. Remove make up carefully as rubbing the skin can cause irritation or infection. If the skin at the treatment area becomes broken, then make-up should be avoided.
- Avoid hot baths/showers for 24 hours.
- Do not pick at any ﬂaking or crusting that may form on the treatment area.
- The skin will usually return to normal by day 7-10.
- Use a sunscreen (SPF 30+) and protect the area from sunlight as much as possible between treatments and for at least one month after treatment ends. Failure to do this can lead to sunburn and hyper pigmentation. of the treated area.
- If blistering occurs contact the clinic immediately for further advice.
Yes – Before we conduct your treatment we need to review your medical history to ensure you are suitable for the treatment.
We need to know of any medication you are taking including those purchased from a chemist or herbalist.
We will also require you to sign a consent form before your treatment is carried out.
Take a Closer Look
Browse through some before and after shots
Subscribe to receive the '30% off Fractional Laser treatments' discount code:
Once you subscribe you will be directed to our exclusive discounts page where you can take note of the 30% off discount code. You can take advantage of this offer when you make your booking.