Improve the appearance of your skin with Fractional laser treatment…
*Reduce the visible signs of stretch marks, acne scaring or wrinkles.
Voted ‘Most Innovative Aesthetic Treatment of 2014’
Produces a more natural, healthy and long term result than anti-ageing creams and oils.
Less downtime than CO2 laser and injectable options
Have complete peace of mind. Treatments are conducted by our highly trained Doctors and Nurses.
Here are some of the conditions that can be treated:
• Acne scarring
• Age spots
• Fractional resurfacing
• Lines and wrinkles
• Skin rejuvenation
• Sun damage
• Straie (stretch marks)
• Uneven texture
The excellent results provided through this treatment has led to thousands of patients being able to re-build their confidence and self-esteem back up.
We fully understand both the physical and emotional affects scaring or skin defects can have on a person’s life; but through dramatic skin rejuvenation and resurfacing, we can help greatly reduce unwanted marks on the skin.
For free advice please get in touch on 01253 808388
How it works
Minute sections of the skin are targeted with laser light, which penetrates into the
tissue, causing small columns of thermal damage which in turn stimulates significant collagen renewal.
The surrounding non affected areas of skin aid the body’s natural recovery process, allowing dramatic results without significant downtime.
At the Fylde Clinic we only use the very best laser equipment as part of the treatment process.
The very best for our patients…
We pride ourselves on being able to provide the very best and most effective treatments for our patients. You can read more about our industry leading
In fact, the fractional laser treatment was voted ‘Most Innovative Aesthetic Treatment of 2014’ due to the excellent results produced after treatment.
With the Fylde Clinic, you can have total peace of mind that you are in the hands of professional and highly qualified Doctors and Nurses.
Before & After treatment shots
Here are some before and after pictures after fractional laser treatment.
Most people are suitable for fractional laser treatment. The treatment is recommended for Individuals who are looking to improve skin texture, tone/elasticity, reduce wrinkles or improve the visible appearance of stretch marks or acne scaring.
• Mild sunburnt sensation for a few hours
• Redness for 1 to 2 days
• Swelling is likely but minimal
• ‘Bronzed’ & flaky look for 3 to 10 days, depending on the treatment level
Improvements can be seen after the first session, however for best results expect to have 3-6 treatment sessions 2 to 6 weeks apart, depending on the level of rejuvenation needed.
- Skin redness, swelling and bronzing are all
expected outcomes of treatment.
- Other unwanted effects are rare but can
include a small blister or temporary
change to skin pigmentation, such as a
darkening of the skin.
There should be no active tan or fake tan in the area to be treated, Use of sun-beds or prolonged exposure to sunlight is not allowed in the month prior to treatment and a SPF 50 must be used on the area between treatments. Suntans must be left to fade completely before treatment can start. Jake tans and gradual tanning products must also be fully faded before treatment can commence.
Firstly you skin is cleansed and then we use a hand piece, which is moved over the area of skin to be treated. The hand piece then releases tiny microscopic laser beams which begin treating the area.
The length of time in each session depends on skin condition and the area being treated, however, you can typically expect each session to last anywhere between 10 and 45 minutes.
After the treatment, your skin will be cooled.
After your treatment, here are a few things you need to be aware of which will help aid a speedy recovery:
- In order to minimise skin heating and to reduce the likelihood of skin reactions, the treatment area will be cooled after the procedure. Once you get home, you may like to apply a cold compress/wet ﬂannel etc. In applying an ice pack at home, always put ice inside a clean plastic bag and wrap in a soft cloth. Do not allow ice packs or ice to come into direct contact with the skin.
- While redness remains on the skin after treatment, do not indulge in heavy drinking, going to a sauna or heavy exercise. These activities may increase the redness of your skin.
- The skin will also feel quite tight following treatment and using vaseline, aloe vera gel or a gentle moisturiser for a day or two following treatment can help to relieve this.
- Starting on day 2-3 the skin will appear ﬂaky and have a bronzed appearance as the epidermal debris comes to the surface; this generally lasts about 5 days. This is a positive sign and indicates that the skin is regenerating. Do not try to peel off the epidermal debris by force; just leave it to ﬂake off naturally. Keeping the skin well moisturised at this point will help reduce the tightness.
- Avoid cosmetics for approximately 48 hours after treatment. However, we advise caution if the area is feeling sensitive. Remove make up carefully as rubbing the skin can cause irritation or infection. If the skin at the treatment area becomes broken, then make-up should be avoided.
- Avoid hot baths/showers for 24 hours.
- Do not pick at any ﬂaking or crusting that may form on the treatment area.
- The skin will usually return to normal by day 7-10.
- Use a sunscreen (SPF 30+) and protect the area from sunlight as much as possible between treatments and for at least one month after treatment ends. Failure to do this can lead to sunburn and hyper pigmentation. of the treated area.
- If blistering occurs contact the clinic immediately for further advice.
Yes – Before we conduct your treatment we need to review your medical history to ensure you are suitable for the treatment.
We need to know of any medication you are taking including those purchased from a chemist or herbalist.
We will also require you to sign a consent form before your treatment is carried out.
Take a Closer Look
Browse through some before and after shots